Window Noise Control Blankets
THESE COVERS ARE MADE TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE UP TO 5-7 DAYS TO CREATE
Encouraged by the success of our Door Noise Control Blanket (available here), we created the Window Noise Control blanket.
The Window Noise Control Blanket is made out of Producer’s Choice Sound Blankets, which is widely used by drummers, voice actors and others in audio and music industry for acoustic room treatment and sound absorption in recording studios. It is doubled up and stitched at the edges to improve sound absorption.
If you experience issues with noise coming through the windows the first thing to do is to seal the gaps around the frame and make sure the window is shut tightly. Then hang the Window Noise Control blanket, flush with the window frame, to significantly improve the sound transmission loss.
Producer’s Choice Sound Blankets used to make the Window Noise control blanket have been acoustically tested in a sound lab. The double layer blanket has NRC 1.0 (100% sound absorption).* ( see more about NRC – Noise Reduction Coefficient here).
Our Window Noise Control Blanket also completely blocks the light coming through the window to help you sleep better.
Producer’s Choice blankets are made from an outer poly/cotton material and pure recycled cotton with added polyester for extra resiliency.
- 38″ x 72″ Double-Layer Producer’s Choice Acoustic Blanket
- 4 grommets pre-installed on the 38″ side and 2 extra grommets on the bottom corners
- Cover is about 8 Pounds
- Color – Black on Both Sides.
- The Window Noise Control Blanket is not “soundproof”. It will not put the outside noise on “Mute” , but if used correctly, it will reduce the overall noise coming through the window.
- NRC is a characteristic of a material to absorb the sound. It is not the same as “Sound blocking” or STC class.