SoundART Basic acoustic room treatment installation instructions
The SoundART panels should be installed in this order.
- Pro Curve Panel
- (2) Broadband Absorption Corner Panel
1. Pro curve panel installation
Install the large screw hooks into the wall just before the ceiling and the wall meet. There is typically always a stud where the ceiling and wall meet. Installing the screw hooks here will be the most stable area to support the weight of the blanket. Where the blanket ends on the ceiling should be directly above your mix position.
- Once the screw hooks have been installed in the wall, hang the cords at the center of the blanket onto the screw hooks.
- Extend the top of the blanket so it is taught, and parallel to the ceiling. Mark where the grommets are.
- Drill a hole for each grommet, large enough for the s hook anchor.
- Once all marked holes have been tapped, screw in the anchor, then screw the s hook into the anchor.
- Bring the blanket back up to the ceiling and hang the grommets from the s hooks.
- The bottom of the panel can be left to hang free or can be nailed in place.
2. Broadband Corner Absorption Panel installation
The Broadband Corner absorption panels should be installed after the pro curve panel. This will allow you the shape the corner panels based on the placement of the pro curve panel.
- Mark the curved shape of track on the ceiling. You will want all sides of the panel to be protruding at least 6 inches away from each wall.
- Once the shape of the curve has been marked, evenly space where each track mount will be drilled into the ceiling and mark those placements.
- Once the mounts have been marked, screw each mount into place.
- After screwing in the mounts, place the track into the mounts.
- Pull the track down and place the s hooks between the ceiling and the track where the grommets will be hung.
- Place the grommets on the s hooks one at a time. You may need someone to hold the blanket up while you hang the panel on the s hooks so it does not rip the s hooks or track out of place.
DO NOT TUG ON THE CORNER PANELS ONCE THEY ARE SUSPENDED ON THE S HOOKS